Go 'head switch the style up, & if they hate then let um hate
and watch the money pile up!
Okay so print blocking - you've seen, you've probably done but never even realized it. Print Blocking is when you mix 2 or more prints that compliment each other to achieve one look. Here are a couple of quick tips to remember when print blocking:
- Prints with similar fabrics or materials usually go well together.
- i.e Silky flowing fabrics, fluffy, comfy fabrics, etc.
- Mix bright or bold prints with black & white or neutral prints.
- i.e Leopard print and black & white patterns
- Mix neutral prints with other neutral prints. Mix black & white prints with other black & white prints.
- i.e Black & white stripes and black & white polka-dots
- When it comes to stripes, mix thin stripes with thick stripes. Mix horizontal stripes with vertical stripes.
- Prints with similar themes usually mesh well together.
- i.e tribal themes & retro themes
Its all about trial & error when it comes to print blocking, there is really no science to it, just have fun with it. Email me pics of you illustrating your favorite print blocking look, the winner will receive something from the Dope Since 1986 store. Challenge yourself this week and try something new. **For the bold beauties out there, try mixing two or more different animal prints!